July 4, 2010

Notre-Dame de Paris: 1, 2, 3, 4 : I met Luc Plamondon

1. MONTREAL: Luc Plamondon’s musical is in town. We head to Montreal to see it. The beautiful story of Quasimodo and Esmeralda gives you the shivers. Garou, who plays Quasimodo, and the rest of the troop really gave us an eyeful and an earful. I BUY A SOUVENIR PROGRAM.



2. TORONTO: Brian was in Ottawa for a few days. It’s Thursday morning, I am preparing to leave for school. The phone rang: "Lyne, I bought tickets for the premiere of Notre-Dame de Paris tonight, in Toronto. I made a reservation for you on the flight leaving at 4h20 p.m. I will meet you at the airport, on arrival." The magic operates once more. I BUY A SOUVENIR PROGRAM. (Each tour has its own programme)

3. PARIS: We are in Paris for its biannual Air Show, at Le Bourget. Brian is very busy… but not enough to miss the musical Notre-Dame de Paris, which earned raving reviews in Ville-Lumière (City of light). I BUY A “PROGRAMME SOUVENIR”.




We ended the evening in a small café. Guess where? Just beside the famous cathedral. Suddenly, a gipsy arrives near me; she wants to read the lines of my hand. When I see her, it makes me think of the beautiful Bohemian Esmeralda whom we had just left and who sang so well. I gave her my hand: "Your hand is filled with happiness, love and exciting activities." I look at her and ask THE question: "Will I live for a very long time"? She replies yes. I ask her: for a very, very long time? "Until 2056 you little snoop"….I make a quick addition to realize that I will live to be a 104!!!! Brian gives her money and my Esmeralda disappears in the crowd.




4. LAS VEGAS: We are attending the HAI convention (Helicopter Association International). Guess what show is featured in Vegas, at the Paris Hotel? Yes, Notre-Dame de Paris. This time we bought our tickets on the Internet. The night before the show we have dinner at the Paris Hotel. When leaving the restaurant, Brian poked me in the side: "Lyne, look behind you, it’s Luc Plamondon, the playwright of none other than Notre-Dame de Paris. I turn around, smile at him and introduce myself, from the stand point of lyrics, the French equivalent to Andrew Lloyd Weber.





I tell him about the three previous stories and also say that we will be at the premiere the day after. Luc Plamondon told me: "Come and see me after the performance with your programs." Brian is sceptical… he thinks that Plamondon will soon forget his promise. Then comes Saturday evening, we attend another performance of Notre-Dame de Paris, this time the English version…if you please! I BUY A SOUVENIR PROGRAM.


At the end of the musical, I catch sight of Mr. Plamondon surrounded by Line Renaud ( a famous French singer and actress), friends and reporters. He sees me and smiles. I have the four SOUVENIR PROGRAMS with me. Not only did he autograph the four of them, he also dedicated each one with an excerpt of the lyrics from several of his most famous musicals. Was I delighted!!! That night I dreamt about the gipsy who read the lines of my hand, in Paris!!! In my dream I was a 104 and still full of projects.






Hoping I made you dream also!

No comments:

Post a Comment