March 16, 2010

Louis-Philippe and Elvis Presley: Bar Harbor, Maine

This chronicle is dedicated to a young boy that I love dearly.

Have you ever been asked serious questions by a nice little boy looking at you straight in the eyes?

Louis-Philippe: Aunt Lyne, do you sometimes mention me in your chronicles?

Aunt Lyne: No, Louis-Philippe, my chronicles talk about my trips.

Louis-Philippe: But, aunt Lyne, I also travel a lot.

Aunt Lyne: Ok, young man, what would you like to talk about in my chronicles?

Louis-Philippe: The Elvis show we saw together in Bar Harbor.

Aunt Lyne: You really think so!!!

Louis-Philippe: Aunt Lyne, we had fun at his show.

Aunt Lyne: You’re right! But remind me how nit was!

Louis-Philippe: Don’t you remember, aunt Lyne, nobody wanted to come with us, Elvis was wearing a blue suit, and he was fat. We danced at the end, and he came over to shake our hand. That is a nice memory, isn’t it?

Aunt Lyne: You are absolutely right; it sure is a very nice souvenir.

My cousin Christine, her husband Leigh, their two kids and their dog Irving travel with us sometimes. With them, we visited Arizona, Florida, Ontario, the Maritimes, Maine and the French Islands of St-Pierre & Miquelon, in the Gulf of St-Laurence.

At the Bar Harbor campgrounds, the owners organize several activities at the Community Centre. That night, a well bellied Elvis impersonator gave a show or should I say made a spectacle of himself. So this is why I ended up singing Love me tender with Elvis, himself.

As for why Louis-Philippe was so impressed to see that show, it is most intriguing.

No comments:

Post a Comment